Weeknotes 5 - Already phoning it in at week 5
- I bought some new plates, and then I had friends round to eat off the new plates, and it was joyful. Those are the best plates I could buy, and every time I look at them I think about the fact that I deserve the best, and I give myself the best.
- It’s not very millennial of me, but I love things, and over the years lost all shame you are meant to feel when loving things. Things bring me joy, and why should that be bad, huh? — I thought to myself, while nodding to this. At some point you just have to accept what you know about yourself, and go with the grain, not against it.
- I found the above life-affirming post while perusing karigee.com which has become one of my favourite blogs. Such a great example of having a distinctive voice with a personality. Something to aim for.
- Anna Shipman wrote about getting to know yourself, or rather your work-self, and it’s really good. Do yourself a favour and bookmark Anna’s blog, and be sure to read through the archives.
- And this is it for this week. I am phoning it in, because I’m somewhat sleep deprived and can’t be bothered. Respect for all my new parent friends. You’re all incredible and doing amazing.