Weeknotes 10 - That’s bold
- “I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” — Frank Herbert, Dune.
- Studio HAWRAF has closed. That’s sad. But wait — they made their Google Drive public! Financials of all sorts, pricing, everything. That’s bold.
- I think you probably know things are not going great when you have to institute Feelings Friday.
- A cool idea: “[…] in order to be as ethical as one can be, one must learn to experience pleasure in morality”.
- This week I had the opportunity to do the greatest practical joke of my entire life. The opportunity was absolutely perfect, and the joke idea simple and powerful. It would have been the anecdote I’d tell young’uns for decades to come. Alas, I have learned that as an adult you sometimes have to show restraint. So I did.