Weeknotes 14 - Management tips from Beyoncé
- I watched Beyoncé’s Homecoming. Good luck to all other artists putting on shows post-Homecoming. It’s not your fault that you live at the same time as Beyoncé.
- Homecoming is proof that with singular vision, strong work ethic and an environment that pushes everyone to do their absolute best, it’s possible to achieve something truly spectacular and powerful.
- Turns out that Beyoncé’s also has to work extraordinarily hard to deliver success. It’s all effort, sacrifice, time and focus.
- Recently I’ve been reading tons of business and management books. Somehow I learned more from seeing Beyoncé in Homecoming giving feedback and describing her principles in creating the environment that made the Beychella show possible.
- I’m about to get even more reading done because I quit my job and the plan is to allow myself to get really, really bored for a bit.
- This article about chunky, squishy typefaces making a comeback reminded me of the dictionary someone gave me when I was a kid. Each section was introduced by a huge letter set on the page in Cooper Black. I would spend hours meticulously copying those letters onto paper, over and over again. As a kid in Poland you really had to work hard to make your own entertainment.