Weeknotes 28 - Do I care about this topic?
- Writing will be fun, I thought. I will develop my own voice, I thought. It will get easier over time, I thought. Wrong!
- On the flight to California I read a whole book on resilience. Resilience is kind of a thing right now, which slightly puts me off talking about it, but the truth is that if you can control how you react and respond to the world then you’ve pretty much made it.
- “So ask yourself: 1) Do I care about this topic? 2) What are my stories? and 3) What are the moments in the talk that I find fun? If you have good answers to these questions, you’re likely on your way to giving a great presentation.” Good stuff. I keep forgetting about two and three.
- Cool Biz is literally the coolest name for a government campaign I have ever heard of.
- Do you remember when in school they told you that Earth used to have just one big continent, and you were like, yeah, whatever, but now you look at the satellite pictures from before and after an earthquake and realise that the solid ground beneath you is not so solid and static after all?