Weeknotes 31 - There’s nothing I can’t do
- I had my second driving lesson. I kept driving round and round very slowly, making left turns only for nearly two hours. Every now and then I wanted to exclaim “OMFG I’M DRIVING A CAR!!!” but I worried that my instructor might think I’m questioning his observation skills.
- After the lesson I felt incredibly powerful. All my life I had assumed that driving was going to be impossible because I’m uncoordinated and clumsy. And yet there I was, picking it up really quickly and profoundly enjoying it. What other experiences have I missed out on because I assumed they weren’t for me? If I can drive a car, there is literally nothing I can’t do.
- I have an ear infection, again. This time in the other ear. Not my first rodeo, so I knew what to do about it. I have to wear earplugs in the shower to keep my ears dry, because water might be causing the infections.
- Claire Saffitz’s Gourmet Makes series is currently my favourite show. In each episode she creates a gourmet version of a mass-produced treat, for example Skittles, Ferrero Rocher or Snickers. Watching her experiment to get the texture and flavour just right reminded me how much I love being creative with food. This weekend I made some fancy savoury stuff, and baked a blueberry cake.
- Last week at work was very satisfying. Rob (another Lead Designer at Bulb) and I worked on a workshop that was a lot of fun to prepare and run. The Content, Design and Research team moved desks so we all sit close together among lots of plants. I got a lot of work done and had a lot of great conversations. Good times.