Weeknotes 34 - I have a cold 🤒
- I have a cold and it’s horrible. I am not sleeping well and had to cancel all my weekend plans. I’m feeling very sorry for myself. You should feel very sorry for me too.
- On my way home on Friday I witnessed a car knock a cyclist off their bike, and I surprised myself by knowing what to do. The cyclist seemed ok, but I got them to write down the licence plate number I memorised, gave them my phone number and wrote down what I saw, just in case. Sometimes the adrenaline rush makes it hard to assess whether everything is okay.
- Occasionally when I browse Instagram I come across posts from regular people who seem to have photographers follow them around to capture beautiful images of “candid” moments with their special friends. If I suggested doing that to my partner I think that would immediately trigger a process we refer to as an auto-dump.
- One of my favourite parts of my job is finding ways to generate win-win scenarios in response to different needs. Sometimes I will wake up from a dream with a good idea for how to get to a win-win in a specific situation. The dream solution thing happened to me more than once this week, and it put me in a very good mood each time. It feels like getting a gift, or some free money. And who doesn’t love money?
- From my favourite email newsletter: practical tips for sharing more context with people at work.