Weeknotes 35 - Still working on it
- I’ve only just now watched Legally Blonde for the first time and I was blown away by its portrayal of femme women: not a shred of judgement, regardless of their intellectual ambitions. They are all kind, fun, care for one another, support one another’s choices wholeheartedly and work hard for their friendships. I found that soothing.
- Look, I totally missed almost all of pop culture in the oughts, because I was a snob. I’m trying to catch up.
- Yesterday I went to the first London Trans Pride. It was very nice and I hope it happens again next year.
- I hope that if you were to take a flag somewhere you’d iron it first, because apart from pride you also have self-respect.
- As you can see, still working on that snob thing.
- Why do school lessons in TV shows always seem to finish mid-sentence or mid-explanation? Does nobody even plan their lessons anymore?
- An interesting take on reasons not to become a manager, among them an insight that the toolkit for getting stuff done when you’re a manager is quite small, and rests on the ability to inspire, persuade and influence.
- Finally, someone said it. Sharpies don’t stay sharp, and they’re also not sustainable? John’s decision to bundle different pens with Artefact Cards got me thinking about my own pen choices, especially at work.
- I sold the Bitcoin I held (all £15 worth), because at long last the price recovered enough that I neither made nor lost money. I count myself lucky.