Weeknotes 41 - Temporary
- I watched the whole first season of The Politician. It’s like The Thick Of It, but more fun, lighthearted and with more openly LGBT characters.
- I am watching the second season of Succession. It’s like The Thick Of It, but more raw, cutting and with more openly shameless characters.
- At Bulb every team meeting includes a short section called “Meet a Bulberino”, where someone tells their story, usually using baby pictures as props (everyone’s favourite bit). This week it was my turn. I shared a photo of me and my sister in a ball pit, next to a very similar photo of us twenty-odd years later. Plus some photos of me and my ex-business partner Dan wearing exactly the same outfits as one another.
- While looking for good ways to turn my life events into entertainment for my colleagues I reflected on how I got here. Quite a lot of my life up until relatively recently was filled with relentless pain, and yet somehow I not only made it through but I learned to live well and be happy. The pain that used to seem to never end now seems fleeting. I don’t know what kind of lesson this is. Maybe everything is just temporary.
- Even cities and communities don’t just stay the same.
- The weather finally got cold enough to wear a jumper I finished knitting in June. It’s a good jumper.