Weeknotes 43 - Baga Chipz is class (war)
- Last week I forgot to tell you that someone tried to steal my phone. Three boys cycled towards me, and one got on the pavement. Somehow my body had realised what was going on before my mind did, because I put my phone away and ducked as the boy reached out to grab it. I muttered “you idiot” and kept walking. To my surprise I was neither scared nor angry.
- Here are some of my favourite weeknoters: Alice. Phil. Anna. Kate. Paul. Chris. Mark. Tom. Keep’em coming.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race UK chat: I’m starting to really respect Baga Chipz. She has only one walk (or is it a dance?) in her repertoire — one that can only be described as a tipsy grandma having fun at a wedding — but she can sing and entertain. She’s grown on me despite having once written some praise for Theresa May. I know I know. We all make mistakes, alright?
- One of the recent challenges on RPDR UK was writing and performing an original pop song. Two teams recorded their version of Break Up Bye Bye. I can’t get enough of it. It’s such a great pop track, in the same league as the pop songs written for A Star Is Born. My partner disagrees, so you better back me up on this.
- SoftBank CEO visualised the forecasted results of the WeWork turnaround plan using this exquisite graph. At first I thought, I could never get away with a graph like that. But then it dawned on me… I never tried! So there’s a real lesson in it for all of us.
- “Knowledge is a burden. Shed it when possible.” — Russell Davies