Weeknotes 46 - Chaos is the new cocaine
- “Fun is all there is, so why not have some” — Tom Stuart
- It’s a tradition that on haircut day I buy a new wig. My latest acquisition is rose pink with dark roots. I’m starting to realise I have a certain style when it comes to wigs, and wondering how many similar ones a person can have in their collection. Especially since I only wear them when going out. I don’t even want to think about the environmental impact.
- I have a massive crush on Cory Ellison, a character played by Billy Crudup in The Morning Show. The best moments in the show are when he’s on screen. Cory is a network head who’s so good at his job he’s become untouchable. He doesn’t just exploit a crisis — he revels in the chaos that ensues. “Chaos is the new cocaine”, he says. Every time you see him at work you can tell he is really enjoying himself. Like, a lot. I would watch a whole show just about Cory.
- I binged on the whole 4th season of Eastsiders which came out literally today. It’s comfort food for the queer soul.
- I started doing parallel parking in my driving lessons, and let me tell you this: I am really good at it. [super smug face emoji]