Weeknotes 47 - You’re getting these for free
- I read something the other week about a new idea called “modular wardrobe”. You can… arrange items… into multiple outfits…??? An innovation!
- Ceci n’est past une bacon.
- You know you’re having fun when you’re high-fiving other divorcees in the toilet queue, having gate-crashed someone’s I’m-about-to-get-married party.
- At a cheesy night out I saw a performance by a drag queen I’d not seen before: Frieda Slaves. She’s… flawless. The makeup, the routine, the energy, the everything. I found myself wondering what such a great performer is doing at a bargain basement show. Maybe she has to pay the rent like the rest of us.
- Spotify 2019 Wrapped told me that my most played artist this year was Britney Spears. And the most played artist of the decade? Britney Spears.
- Beyoncé’s gym clothing line, Ivy Park, is launching a gender-neutral collection in January. About time. Finally I will go to the gym looking like I have self-respect, instead of looking like I am punishing myself for some past misdeeds.
- I committed to doing weeknotes because I wanted to leave my job and needed to do something to boost my confidence. Russell Davies’s “How to be interesting” was a big inspiration. Hard to believe it’s been nearly a year since I started.
- Yes I know. These weeknotes are late. Don’t complain, you’re getting these for free.