Weeknotes 55 - On the big TV
- My driving instructor is starting to lose the will to live. We’ve analysed the shit out of my mistakes. We tried lots of different approaches to learning how to use the clutch: by using metaphors to describe the movement, by demonstrating, by sound, by feeling, by reminding me how much I’m paying for the lessons. Look, I’m really trying, but learning things with my body is not something I have ever been good at.
- I’m good at parking though. It’s inexplicable.
- I had to ask my partner to help me set up a YouTube account on my Apple TV, and show me how to use it. I’ve never used to watch anything on YouTube on my own, so somehow I got to 2020 without knowing how to get something I’m interested in up on the big TV.
- I don’t know why I always call it “the big TV”. It’s not like there’s a small TV in the same room, forcing me to disambiguate.
- My TV is a TV in the same way that my phone is for calling people.
- Anyway, back to YouTube. I wanted to see examples of interesting or good choreography so I watched Justin Bieber’s Sorry, Kiesza’s Hideaway, Ciara’s Ride etc. using my partner’s already signed-in account. Watching him carefully remove traces of my activity from his watching history was when I realised that it’s probably time to have my own account.
- Long story short, that’s how I discovered Jojo Gomez who is the living embodiment of my dance goals.
- I have dance classes on Sundays and Mondays. On Tuesday I took myself out for lunch and I felt a bit sad that in some ways my week had already peaked. So I went to another class mid-week. It felt incredible and put me in a great mood since. The pain I feel in my legs with every movement reminds me how much fun I’ve had. I guess that means I will be back.