Weeknotes 58 - Saying yes to recycling
- This Thursday I managed my time so poorly I didn’t have any dinner before the dance class. On the bike ride home from the class I bonked so hard I thought I was going to die. When I got home the first thing I did was hastily spoon chocolate hazelnut spread directly into my mouth. I finished the jar and felt a lot better.
- Armani’s latest fashion show featured the phrase “I’m saying yes to recycling” projected in enormous letters around the space. Honey, we’re a bit beyond recycling, don’t you think? Do you really think putting your milk bottles in a separate bin is going to be a game changer when the bottom half of your house is already flooded, and the top half is on fire?
- I have two sad clothes stories from this week. One: my Uniqlo dance trousers have already got some fabric damage at the knee, presumably from getting down on the floor to one of Britney’s songs. Two: I made this beautiful shirt in printed Liberty silk. After wearing it on a night out the areas around the armpits have faded, presumably because the print wasn’t designed to be used in high friction areas. I love having nice things, but if they can’t keep up with me living in them then what’s the point?
- This week I decided to let more people into my life and make myself more vulnerable and in the end it made me really happy.
- I called a friend using my phone (!!!) and we talked for ages and it was brilliant. I miss calling people to fill in the gaps between seeing them. Maybe we can make calling friends cool again? I’m gonna do my bit and you do yours, okay?