Weeknotes 67 - Do some baking
- Last week a patronising tweet from the government suggested doing some baking. It made me so furious that I held off on baking. I made up for it this weekend by baking a vegan version of Ruby Tandoh’s blueberry yogurt cake. I used soya yogurt and two tablespoons of ground linseed mixed with 4 tbsp water instead of the eggs.
- Last night I “went out” with a group of pals on Zoom. I wore fancy clothes, a wig and fake eyelashes. We had a shared Spotify playlist and used Zoom backgrounds with pictures from our previous nights out. I got quite wasted. Sure, it wasn’t the same as actually going out, but it was pretty damn good.
- At first I was like, good riddance to real trousers. But it’s now week what, five? six? and I basically wear a suit to work because I need it.
- I’ve worked out every single day for more than 28 days now. One of my favourite workout is smashing cubes with lightsabers in virtual reality. My eyes get a bit dry in VR because I think I might be forgetting to blink. So that’s a big downside. But there’s a big upside: last time people were doing the clapping I was too engrossed in the game to notice, and as a result I didn’t have to get furious and yell about the futility of it all. I just try to remind myself to blink every few minutes.
- I missed the bit where we found out that that it was the experience of enjoyment rather than proximity to other people which enabled viral transmission. Otherwise it would seem weird to get all wound up about people sunbathing or sitting down on a bench. Glad the science is clear on that one.