Weeknotes 77 - New life
- Fifteen years ago yesterday I arrived in London ready to start a new life. It was the day of the bombings.
- It’s my birthday this week, so I’ve taken time off work. Lots of people asked me what I’m going to do with my holiday, and to me that’s the difference between me and other people in a nutshell. Honey, I don’t do things, I don’t do things!
- At the beginning of lockdown I had zero flight suits / jumpsuits. Now I have three. They’re all black. Very much a lazy dresser’s classy option.
- I realised this week that I’m quite anxious about the eventual return to the office. Part of the anxiety is of course about the need to feel safe, but there’s also this attachment to some of the lockdown ways of life. Because I don’t have many opportunities to cycle places I’ve been doing a lot of HIIT instead. I’m the fittest I’ve ever been.
- I assume that if I insist these were actually published on Sunday, rather than Wednesday, as long as I stand my ground you will eventually give up the search for the truth and begrudgingly accept my version of events.