Weeknotes 81 - Getting shredded
- I’ve been working out almost every day without fail since lockdown started, and yet the main thing getting shredded is my mat.
- Playing Abby in The Last Of Us Part II made me reconsider what I want from my body. You don’t get to be Abby’s shape (modelled after Colleen Fotsch’s physique) without deliberately putting in the work, prioritising strength and capability. It’s made me wonder what would happen if I were to get bigger, not smaller. I might not identify as a woman but the decades of socialisation and training to want to always be thinner have taken their toll. The very idea that I might deliberately put on weight seems radical and dangerous, and to be honest quite a bit exciting.
- Obviously I’m not going to get the body of an athlete, but I am reconsidering my refusal to ever visit a gym again.
- In on of the scenes in The Last Of Us Part II you play Take On Me on an acoustic guitar. It’s such a beautiful moment. I felt inspired to buy a guitar so I can learn to play it and produce moments like that in my own life.
- And that’s why I said this game should have cost at least £500.