Weeknotes 82 - Having their revenge
- While I was out one day I got a terrifying notification from my home security camera telling me it had detected some motion. My heart started pounding, fingers frantically tapping to see the live footage. Sweat slowly dripped from my temple as I watched my Roomba doing a regular sweep of the living room.
- I dropped my phone in the toilet (by accident). iPhones are water-resistant these days, but mine has had its battery replaced which must have broken that. The screen went black even though the phone was clearly working, letting me still send texts from my Apple Watch. Magic.
- This wouldn’t be a big deal, after all there are backups and everything lives in the cloud, apart from one thing: verification codes in Google Authenticator. You could say I’m big on two-factor authentication — there were 23 (!!!) services I was about to lose access to. Luckily the screen did briefly come on after the phone spent some time in its ricy coffin, letting me move all 2FA to a different device. But what a boring and stressful chore!
- On that day I was going to meet a friend. We had to agree the exact meeting spot before I left the house, which transported me right back to the nineties. Remember having to be a hundred percent reliable?
- I skip leg day about 50% of the time because, uh, that’s boring. Unfortunately I injured my wrist last time I was doing arms day which basically means it’s a never ending leg day until my wrist is better. Legs are having their revenge.
- I can (sort of) play Wild Thing and Three Little Birds on the guitar. My fingertips are in constant pain, but it’s fun doing a few minutes of practice when I feel like it. I’m loving working from home at the moment because I can fit in a short lesson or play a rhythm game in VR every lunchtime. Definitely beats running out to get a sad Pret and eating at my desk.