Weeknotes 85 - No good reason
- Cult classic Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2 remake has just been released. Despite being clearly aimed at thirty-somethings (hello, 1999 nostalgia) the subtitles and HUD text are laughably small. Come on people! Let me relive my youth without having to put my glasses on!
- The THPS soundtrack was truly formative for me. I couldn’t remember which title I played exactly, but one look at the playlist for THPS2 immediately confirmed it was that one.
- A cool genre of tweets is Tony Hawk tweeting about people telling him he looks like Tony Hawk.
- The other day my partner played the melody from Lady Gaga’s Born This Way on a piano in GarageBand, and I joined in with my guitar. That was probably the most fun sixty seconds of my life. I keep trying to get better at Born This Way and All The Small Things and I can’t even tell you how much fun it is when I get bits really right. There aren’t that many activities I do which give me immediate and constant feedback in the way an instrument does. Most of my hobbies have longer feedback loops (baking, knitting, sewing) so this is quite a novelty.
- This song captures the vibe of the summer of 2020 so perfectly that it’s hard to believe it was released in 2019.
- Absolutely living for Marc Jacobs doing a make-up tutorial on Instagram, only it’s not really a tutorial. It’s just Marc Jacobs having fun at home and not really caring about the results or the fact that he’s not very good at it. It’s joyful.
- Thanks to the availability of online dance classes I can now dance 4-5 times a week. On weekdays the classes start at 6pm. I’m always late by a couple of minutes because I have to change from my work clothes into my dance clothes, but aside from that the routine fits my life perfectly. I don’t really want it to change.
- I missed last week’s weeknotes. No good reason, just couldn’t be bothered.