Weeknotes 95 - Apple family
- When lockdown first started I couldn’t imagine ever going back to Pret and getting the same sandwich again. Several months later and I am willing to spend extra cash just to have someone else decide what I’m going to eat for at least some of my meals. So I ordered a vegan ready meal subscription. All I’m hoping for is some healthy food I don’t have to plan, so I am likely to be satisfied.
- My latest antibiotics warn that they can cause depression, and “in rare cases, depression can progress to thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts, or completed suicide. If this happens, contact your doctor immediately”. Ok.
- I “went” to a virtual meet-up, which was basically just an opportunity to watch a livestream at a specific time. While in-person meet-ups aren’t about the content for me, I realise now that watching a livestream is all about content since there is literally nothing else. It’s very hard to translate the vibe of a community knowledge sharing where all you got is audio and video on a screen.
- The Queen’s Gambit tickled me in several ways. There’s the story of intrinsic motivation and the pursuit of mastery. Add to that some wish fulfilment about a traumatised kid gaining control over their life and turning distraction into achievement and you’ve got me hooked. Recommend.
- Personal announcement: my partner and I are now an Apple family.