Weeknotes 96 - ǝɔıN
- I took a couple of days off from work so I’ve just had a lovely long weekend. I spent a couple of evenings sewing with a friend over video and that was wholesome. Nothing quite like getting some hot goss while also discussing seam finishes.
- And at the end I had a new pair of PJ trousers in a fancy soft fabric that was ever so slightly the wrong share of coral to make into a shirt.
- We’ve had a couple of the allplants meals and they’ve been very good. Sort of like dishes I’d make from one of Anna Jones’s books. I got the microwave versions so it helps that they’re ready in 15 minutes. Obviously I’d prefer to have the energy to batch cook meals for the freezer every weekend, but let’s face it. I don’t. (I have a referral link if you want to give it a go and get £20 off)
- Having watched The Queen’s Gambit I fancy myself a bit of chess player, so I downloaded Magnus Trainer to explain what’s what. I find the way it’s attempting to guide you to develop chess intuition rather fascinating. It does it through presenting you with puzzles that have nothing to do with actually playing chess, but encouraging you to spot shapes and execute your movements quickly, with as few steps as possible. If you’re interested in teaching methods (even if you don’t care about chess) you should check it out.
- I love how wintery and misty it’s been. Because of the pandemic I’m spending more time in parks than in a normal year. There are some good parks in London, you know?