Weeknotes 97 - Pics from the holiday
- I missed last week’s notes because I was travelling. Here are some pics from the holiday:
- JK, I started playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and those are all photos from the game.
- It’s possible to play RDR2 really slowly, just riding your horse around to discover new places. The weather and light constantly change, and the locations are hyper-realistic. I find myself so lost in it. I’ve been starting each day by playing a little bit, then playing a little bit at lunchtime, then in the evening, and then the whole weekends. I have hardly progressed the main story. But boy did I have adventures! I’m mostly busying myself with hunting, trying to avoid other humans and sleeping under the starry sky.
- Almost every location reminds me of the road trips me and my partner took in California, Oregon and up to Seattle. So when I ride my horse up a winding rocky road I can remember how the air quality would suddenly change with elevation when we drove the convertible up a mountain. I can’t imagine a more perfect escapism than re-living some of my best holidays.
- I recently got new glasses, which make watching 4K snowy mountains in 60fps even better.