Weeknotes 98 - Still hate that salad
- No weeknotes last week because I was emotionally spent.
- On my last working day I went to a hospital a diagnostic procedure which took only about 20 minutes, but was so undignified I started sobbing as soon as I left the building. I cried for the whole 2.3 miles I walked home. Before the pandemic I would have been accompanied by someone who could hold my hand and make it all better.
- I guess it was worth it because I found out I’m actually pretty healthy.
- It wasn’t my first choice to stay home for Christmas but I liked it anyway. It reminded me of my first Christmas in London, when I decided to reject all obligations (and henceforth referred to it as “Freedom Christmas”). Freedom Christmas involved playing video games, running, baking stuff I liked, etc. That year my housemate woke me up on Christmas Day by bringing me a breakfast mimosa. Anyway, this year was similar but better, because I got to spend it with my partner.
- My favourite drink at the moment is melon margarita. The first one came from a cocktail set and blew me away. Since then my partner learned to make them and I‘ve had one on most days since my break started.
- The new iOS lets you have a random photo featured on your home screen each day. I don’t think the choice is completely random, because usually it’s a picture of a hot date with my partner or some cool place we visited together. The other day however the highlight was a picture of a salad I used to make a lot until one day my partner and I decided we actually hated it. So I guess thanks for reminding me I still hate that salad?