Weeknotes 107 - Fun is all there is 2
- A friend emailed with their own stories of people questioning their three-letter name. Their email made me laugh so hard, and kept me chuckling for the rest of the day. Part of it was obviously that they’re a really funny person, but I also really enjoyed unexpectedly sharing a fun moment with someone who’s not my partner. I can’t wait to get my vaccine so that those little moments with friends and strangers can become a normal part of my everyday experience again.
- Absolutely loved Phil’s Half-century notes. I admire Phil’s writing and perspective on life.
- Only two weeks ago I wrote about planning to buy an electric guitar once I get half-way decent. Well, what do you know. I snapped and bought one already! Why deny myself fun? Fun is all there is.
- The guitar is light seafoam colour, almost the same shade as one of my bikes, and crucially, same colour as my IVY PARK x Adidas trouser suit. I can plug it into a tiny amp or into my iPad. Different presets in GarageBand on the iPad let me become different kinds of rockstars. I love the way my acoustic sounds, but standing next to my amp pretending I’m in the background of Prince’s video is just way more fun than merely getting a crisp fire-side sound.
- On a completely unrelated note we re-watched School of Rock.
- I am making more of an effort to use “social media” less. The less I open Instagram or spend my time reading RuPaul’s Drag Race-related subreddits the better my general mood. It’s kinda sad because it feels a bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water. In this metaphor the baby is, for example, hilarious Instagrams from a friend documenting passing the time in quarantine hotel, or Instagram stories from another friend documenting everything they hate about their rental kitchen. That’s the kind of stuff I feel really sad about missing out on.