Weeknotes 113 - Fan blog
- Last week I mentioned that some Fender videos remind me of Nike’s cool inspirational just-give-it-a-go vibes. Apparently Fender CEO was an exec at Nike?
- I also only just found out about Fender’s Next initiative, showcasing up and coming artists each year. I discovered tons of new faves from this playlist.
- This is now a Fender fan blog, okay. No shame.
- I finished making a tailored winter coat. The bright yellow checked fabric is an homage to Alicia Silverstone’s iconic plaid suit in Clueless. Apparently the New York Times picked this week to question ’90s fashion choices. Coincidence?
- It’s a bit dispiriting finishing making an item of clothing just to put it away for a few months, but it beats working to a deadline on something that’s meant to be a hobby.
- I smell different than usual and I’m finding it distracting. I’m not sure why my smell has changed. My best guess is the several rounds of antibiotics I took. My partner insists he can’t tell. Weird.
- Carpet beetles still dead.