Weeknotes 114 - First one done
- Got my first shot 🎉
- I was given Pfizer. The nurse asked if that’s acceptable, as if I was going to turn back at the final hurdle!
- No side effects beyond the predictable arm soreness at the site of injection.
- Rob ran a 3d modelling workshop at work and it blew my mind, so now I’m doing the Blender doughnut tutorial to build on that. I didn’t anticipate liking it so much, but I suppose it ticks a lot of boxes for me: there’s creative expression, image making and knowing how to work a computer. So much fun.
- On Thursday I will be doing a panel with Fátima Sani and Nicki Sprinz about navigating careers. My ego is expanding like a balloon every time I think about being included in such a cool group. But I did worry that taking part in an event for a community under the name Triangirls might not be for me, since I identify on the masculine spectrum. Triangirls are super inclusive though (see the code of conduct) and embrace all women, trans, non-binary, agender and gender variant people. Maybe there are people in the community who will feel braver about being themselves when they see someone like me in a leadership role. So I’m really excited about it. I hope I’ll only say very clever, totally not embarrassing things.
- Mare of Easttown. Wow. Just wow. I know I say “best show ever” pretty much about every show I like, but this time I mean it. I daren’t say anything about it, because it has to be experienced.
- Guitar update: I learned about the 3/4 time signature, and I can sorta play Kiss From A Rose in a way that sounds super-recognisable. I can’t believe it was only 5 months ago that I couldn’t even tell whether I was strumming in time with the music or not.