Weeknotes 119 - Vegan tax
- I’m learning about power chords now, which means I get to play the intro to Smells Like Teen Spirit over and over again. It feels great.
- Yesterday I watched a good few Tiny Desk Concerts while repotting plants. Some highlights: Mac Miller (RIP), Anderson .Paak, Snoh Aalegra, Masego.
- Vegan KitKat has launched and sells exclusively at Sainsbury’s. Obviously this is brilliant, but unfortunately plant based foods always seem to carry a vegan tax. The basic KitKat costs 70p while the vegan one is £1. Seriously, everyone is doing this. Even the Gregg’s vegan sausage roll was a bit pricier than the meat one. It doesn’t make any sense.
- Abstract are running a great series of design + product focused events. I missed a few, but on Thursday I joined The Art of Reviewing with Meghan Schofield and it was a super interesting chat. I’m going to make time for all the others.
- I got used to sleeping with the mouthguard and the sensation of biting down on it no longer wakes me up. But upon naturally waking in the morning or from a dream I become aware of the fact that I am chewing on it rather hard. No wonder my teeth have been suffering. The downside of using the mouthguard is that I keep strengthening those muscles so it’s not really a long-term fix. Quite aside from the fact that it makes me feel old. I am waiting for my second vaccine to explore Botox options.